Working in a small but dedicated design studio on a variety of design projects including corporate literature and brochures, catalogues, logos, brands, identities, presentations, exhibitions, web graphics, stationery and other templates.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for preparing design and artwork for print and overseeing the print process in addition to supporting the wider team with ad hoc duties when required. The role will report to the Design Studio Manager.
- Create engaging designs that work commercially while supporting and driving forward key messages.
- Liaise with the Studio Manager and business to gain an understanding of editorial, graphics and production requirements and deliver a design response.
- Manage and monitor the design schedule including logging all work and allocating design requirements to external suppliers.
- Create templates in both Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office for others to use, while also working with existing templates.
- Contribute to the refresh and re-launch of the brand guidelines.
- Ensure ongoing internal and external adherence to the brand guidelines of the business and our clients’ brands.
- To liaise with/manage printers, photographers and web designers as required.
- Consistent delivery of design for print.
- Creation and delivery of divisional brochures and booklets.
- Photo-editing and basic illustration as required.
- Design direction and delivery for internal and external initiatives/campaigns.
We offer an opportunity to work in a lively, fast paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary. If you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, Michael Burbridge Ltd is the right place for you.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree or equivalent level qualification.
- Experience of working in a print environment preferred.
- Proficient user of Adobe Creative Suite – primarily InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat – and MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Strong understanding of the use of typography, marques and motifs and colour.
- Experience of creating, developing and implementing brands, logos and other identities and implementing and ensuring compliance to brand guidelines.
- Fully conversant with all stages of the publication production process, including sending artwork to print.
- Exceptional Mac operator.
In addition to the key skills and qualifications/experience above, experience in the following areas is desirable but not essential:
- Basic video/photography skills.
- HTML experience.
Please include a cover letter, portfolio and a copy of your CV with your application and send to firstname.lastname@example.org